After CLS this year, I was intrigued by the description of a Developer Evangelist. I'm taking some time off to figure out what I want to pursue next, and I'm trying to figure out whether a dev evangelist position would be right for me. I would love to chat with people who are already in that type of position, so please get in touch if you're willing to do a 30 minute skype or hangout session.
I think I might like a dev evangelist position because I'm:
- Interested in creating inclusive communities.
- I always want to fix the on-boarding process for the communities I'm in.
- I love to teach, create tutorials, and present at conferences.
- I like both documentation and coding.
- I'm passionate about creating software that people actually use.
If people have links to stories about developer evangelist roles (I'm leaning more that way than community manager), please share them. Thanks!